Hornby New Horizons Newsletter
Welcome to 2019, the 50th anniversary of the internet
– oh joy, oh rapture unforeseen.
- All our programs are ready for relaunch. Sponsored programs at the
Centre are free to members – no excuses for any lethargy. Swimming in
Courtenay starts on Monday, January the 7th, as does Memoir writing.
Tuesday the 8th sees Gentle Yoga, Chair Yoga, Bowling and Bridge off to
their start. On Wednesday the 9th Holistic Strength Training and
Integrated Pilates begin. Dates, times and contact info for everything are
found on the attached Program List and on our website
- l The first Golden Lunch was Friday January 4th and the next one will be
January 18th. The first Literary Lunch in 2019 will be Thursday the
10th. Ellen Leslie will be speaking on Water Stewardship and
updates to the Hornby Water Plan.
- The 2019 Phone Books are out and available at the COOP, Ford Cove
Store and at Literary Lunches. Get one and check if your name is spelled
correctly. Hint: it is…probably.
- In the depths of our cool and damp January we will be livening things up
with an evening of food and frivolity. There will be burgers, fries, salad,
beverages, games and laughter. Everything a great pub offers – except
warm beer. 5:00 pm, Saturday, January 26, 2018. Mark it in your day
timers and calendars now before you forget and end up disappointed.
- And in February….we have another theatre outing. The ECHO Players
present SECOND CHANCES at Qualicum Village Theatre February 17th.
A 1955 off-Broadway production is coming undone – until a mysterious
stranger appears. A musical with drama, comedy and romance. Call
Christl Hansen 250 335-2666 by February 3rd to get with the group.
- Haven’t paid your membership for 2018-2019, pay at Literary Lunch and/
or contact Diana King at 335-3025